Our house

Our house
First family photo of our house

Monday 23 November 2015

1 week till we move back in - aaaaaahhhh!

It's official. It's only one week until we move in and I can't quite believe the time is nearly upon us! Everyone keeps asking me if we are excited about moving in to our lovely new home and whilst I am truly looking forward to living in our new/old home, I am mostly terrified! 

I'm terrified of dealing with the chaos of builders still on site and a roaming toddler intent on exploring everything. I'm terrified of wet paint, wet concrete (which Ellie has already discovered!) and unpacking -again. I'm terrified we will have missed something crucial, chosen something awful or made a decision we cannot undo. But most of all I'm terrified that we're not quite going to 'live up' to this shiny new house and that anyone who meets us will wonder how on earth we get to live in such an amazing place. 

But you know what, I might be wrestling with all these fears right now and I'm sure I'll always be wrestling with some of them; but the one thing that puts my heart at ease is that I don't have to do this in my own strength. I don't have to face the next few weeks alone. By this I mean that each day I can wake up and trust that God will help me. 

I can trust that God, by His power, will sustain me through the chaos and that in the midst of painting, plastering, Ellie falling into wet concrete and a driveway that looks like a bomb has gone off, I will hear His still, small voice that says, "Keep going, you're almost done, you're ok, I've got it covered. I know what is to come and you'll be fine." You might think it's strange but I'm sure there's just a little place somewhere inside of us all that is glad to know the peace that God's care for us brings. He loves me, and boy am I glad that He's got the next three weeks in His hands as I'm gonna need the help! 

Luv
Jo
X

And so it begins - moving back stage 1 complete with the youngest removal team I've seen! 

With temps hitting minus 2 here I'm very glad of our underfloor heating!

Sam's new paint job 

Guest bed two tone

Newly re-tiled family bathroom using the old tiles afresh! 

An important piece of coving - last bit to go in the hallway - let the downstairs painting commence!








No comments:

Post a Comment